March 05, 2006

too much coffee and the Fenton solution

Ugh. I drank way too much coffee today. Heck, it was the first time in a while that I had some coffee, but it seemed the right time. Visiting friends who are soon to set off on a two-and-a-half month tour...it was worth it then. Not so much now, thanks to my caffeine-induced headache and post-bender jitters. I feel like crap, and I tried to go to sleep, but it's just not happening. But the music I'm listening to is rather relaxing and it's helping me drift, even if it's not knocking me into the land of Nod as quickly as I'd like.



I can't tell you much about Fenton, other than the fellow who is Fenton is named Dave Abrams, he is an American, and he recently released a wonderfully obscure album entitled Pup via Plop, a record label from Japan. I know that's sloppy journalism on my part, yet I really don't have the drive to look up a full biography for him right now. His music is soothing; it's electronica that errs on the side of ambient, containing all of the elements that make Kranky and Brian Eno records so enjoyable--and that's all that matters to me. Besides, I like to keep my enigmas enigmatic. Or something like that. Now that that's out of the way, I'm going to give you a few songs, so that I can get back to enjoying this beautiful record.

Listen To: "Forever Awkward"
Listen To: "Once Upon a Forest"


On another note--thank you for making this a great week, and I hope you come back real soon.....

No comments: