October 05, 2004

various artists 'garden state'

\I still haven’t seen this movie. I guess I’ve been out of the loop. Everyone I know has seen it. They strongly encourage me to go do so. Especially my girlfriend. She says she’d go w/ me just so she could see it again. She liked the movie so much she got the soundtrack. I gotta say, the soundtrack is pretty damn good. I mean, I’d heard most of these songs before, but I guess I’d never really realized how much they shine until hearing them on this compilation. Maybe the fact that I’m half drunk and listening to these awesome songs via headphones aides my opnion a bit. Anyways, each song is pretty outstanding. Very soothing stuff. Personal highlights include Colin Hay’s “I Just Don’t think I’ll Ever Get Over You”, The Shins’ “New Slang”, and Iron and Wine’s cover of the Postal Service’s “Such Great Heights”. I predict it’ll probably be a wonderful sountrack to many a nap to come. I’ll also bet that when I do finally see this movie, I’m going to enjoy these songs even more.

--Kyle Sowash

No comments: