September 14, 2003

The Shins "So Says I"

As sad as it makes me to say it, this record just was not any good. "So Says I" was nice enough, but it was so inoffensive and so much like Oh, Inverted World, that you could have fooled me into thinking it was on that one, as opposed to being on the forthcoming Chutes Too Narrow. "Mild Child" is an acoustic ballad that's so muddy in sound, I can't understand a word of what is being said. "Gone For Good," I couldn't reallytell you much about it, because about thirty seconds into it, I turned it off, because I wanted to listen to something that was a little less mediocre. I hope that their album's better than this, because the songs on here are a major, major disappointment. Better luck next time? I hope so, because I want this album to be good...

--Joseph Kyle

No comments: